Sunday, May 15, 2016

Draping on a Dress Form



As a Designer who is still learning and trying new things, it can be very frustrating at times when you try to drape fabric on a form and just go for it.  I think that you kind of do what works for you once you find yourself as a designer.  I personally like to use chalk for my neckline and arm holes and side seams, and I hand sew any pleats in place and don't bother marking them at all before sewing.  Then I like to true my lines and go from there.  Sometimes I have no clue what I am doing, which is always challenging.  Like right now I have no idea what I want to do with the back of this top right now.

I am obsessed with this fabric though.  Isn't it gorgeous?!  It's a jersey knit and light weight and see-through, so I had to make it a top.  I am going to work all night on it now that I have lots of free time.

Have a good Monday!

xo,
Pip


6 comments:

  1. I love the print and colors and you have done a great job Pip!!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats one sexy dress
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric looks so great!!

    Love,
    Marta
    www.martamademoiselle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous dress!! Would love to see it on you!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfahion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  5. cant wait to see how you style it! ♥


    Claudia, xx
    www.thewhiteprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, amazing content, thank you very much for sharing.
    Jannnet Ballard Visit my profile.

    ReplyDelete